Social Audit Unit- Sikkim (Voluntary Health Association of Sikkim) was assigned for conducting Pilot Social Audit under the National Social Assistant Programme (NSAP) by Social Justice, Empowerment and Welfare Department, Government of Sikkim (GoS) vide. Office Order No. 118/SJEWP Dated: 26/03/2016. The social audit was conducted of the beneficiaries drawing pension / allowances under the following schemes in Central Pandam Gram Panchayat Unit and Rangpo Nagar Panchayat ward in accordance with the Guidelines of National Social assistance programme. The social audit was conducted under the following schemes of NSAP:-
- Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
- Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme
- Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme
- Subsistence Allowance (State Innovation Scheme)
- Unmarried Women Pension Scheme (State Innovative Scheme)
The pilot Social Audit of National Social Assistant Programme (NSAP) schemes were audited from 08/04/2016 to 18/04/2016. The Social Audit covered 1 Gram Panchayat Units (G.P.Us), and 1 Urban Local Bodies (ULBs).
Details of Social Audit conducted in Gram Panchayat are as follows:
|Sl. No||Name of District||Name of GP/Nagar Panchayat||Total No. of GPs Covered||Total No. of ULB covered|
|1.||East||1. Central Pendam GP
2. Ranpo Nagar Panchayat
STEPS IN SOCIAL AUDIT
Kick off Meeting 1 day
Documents and Beneficiaries verification and door to door interaction 4 days
Report compilation & preparation for Jansunwai 1 day
Social audit gram sabha/Jansunwai 1 day
Exit Conference 1 day
The Process Involved
- Social audit Unit- Sikkim (VHAS) finalized the Social Audit Calendar to conduct Social Audit of National Social Assistance Programme schemes.
- Eight days was spent in Gram Panchayat (GPs) and Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) for document and beneficiaries’ verification, door to door verification and Gram Sabha/Jan Sunwai.
- Lastly Social Audit Unit- Sikkim prepared final Social Audit Report and submitted to the Social Justice, Empowerment and Welfare Department, Government of Sikkim (GoS).
The list of facilitators for conducting Pilot Social Audit of NSAP schemes
|Sl. No||Name of facilitators||Gender||Team||Place|
|1.||Mr. Ashok Sharma||Male||A||Central Pendam Gram Panchayat|
|2.||Mr. Sawan Rai||Male|
|3.||Ms. Kusum Tamang||Female|
|4.||Mr. Kamal Kumar Rai||Male||B||Nagar Panchayt Rangpo|
|5.||Ms. Devika Chhettri||Female|