Voluntary Health Association of Sikkim (VHAS), provides an opportunity for internship to the students who has to undertake compulsory Filed Work in their Academic Programme. Internship would be provided to those areas where VHAS has been working. During their tenure as intern, all possible help will be extended by concerned division under which they want to work. Induction training will be given to them on working of VHAS. They can use computer and internet wherever necessary, they will be served with lunch and they will be taken to Field wherever possible within the state. At the end of the program, they will be given certificate as well.
However, they should pay internship fee to VHAS, as we do not have provision to support interns.
The fee for internship is given below. The amount should be paid by Demand Draft in favor of VHAS, payable at Gangtok.
Fee structure :-
Up to 15 days : INR 1500 (Rupees Fifteen Hundred)
Up to 1 month : INR 3000 (Rupees Three Thousand)
Up to 45 days : INR 4000- (Rupees Four Thousand)
Up to 60 days : INR 5000- (Rupees Five Thousand)
(Fees are Inclusive of working lunch, Computer & Internet, Field Visits cost (Transportation) and Certificate but exclusive of accommodation)
Topics for Internship:-
- Self Help Groups
- Farmers Clubs
- Income Generation Programs
- Women Empowerment Program.
- MGNREGS: Social Audit
Community Health & Environment:
- Women & Child Health Issues
- Community Health
- Environment & conservation
- Basic Health Care of Rural Areas
- Adolescent Group Program
- Schools Health & Sanitation Program
Capacity Building, Research, Studies, Communication & Information Dissemination:
- Documentation and administration of NGOs / CBOs
- Recourse Material
- Exposure to field of partner organisation
- Reporting, Documentation and Training Manual
Resource Management, Administration & Public Relation
- Primary roles & responsibilities of accounts personal.
- Budget planning for NGO/NPO/CBO.
- Development of financial policy for non profit organization/agencies.
- Processes of preparing financial report along with audit, filling different returns, etc.
- Basic way of keeping accounts records along with Fixed Assets.
VHAS has been providing internship to students from India and abroad. Till date students from TISS, Sikkim University, Occidental College California (USA) and students from IGNOU were provided